• Showers are likely this afternoon, mainly after 3 p.m., with cloudy skies and a high near temperature near 68 degrees, with a calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 miles per hour in the afternoon. Showers are likely overnight, with possibly a thunderstorm before 3 a.m., with a low temperature around 51. There’s a30 percent chance of showers Thursday, mainly before 9 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 67. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 64.
• Guild Hall has been working with sound artist Viv Corringham on a self-guided “soundwalk” of East Hampton Village. Participants download a free app called “Full of Noises” to begin their journey. Here are more details.
• The Atlantic White Shark Conservancy will hold a SoFo-sponsored Zoom presentation on
the public’s perception of white sharks, the role of white sharks in our marine ecosystem, and information on the ongoing white shark research taking place off the coast of Cape Cod on Saturday, May 1 at 10:30 a.m. Here are more details.
• The East Hampton Lions Club is sponsoring a community blood drive on Friday, April 30 from 11:45 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. at the Amagansett American Legion. Appointments are recommended, online here, to preserve social distancing.
• Suffolk County reported 204 new cases of Covid-19 on Monday, April 26, with 2.7 percent of people tested testing positive. Hospitalization data for Monday is not yet available, but the county did report two fatalities from the virus on Monday, bringing the death toll here to 3,340 people.
• Southampton Town is planning a candlelight vigil for those lost to opioid addiction and the pandemic on Saturday, May 8 at 7 p.m. at Good Ground Park in Hampton Bays. Here are more details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:27 a.m., 11:46 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:35 a.m., 10:54 p.m.
Greenport: 12:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:31 a.m., 1:06 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:59 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:54 a.m., 1:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:01 a.m., 1:33 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:38 a.m., 11:03 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:47 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:28 a.m., 11:48 p.m.
Greenport: 12:23 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:21 a.m., 1:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:18 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:45 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:52 a.m., 2:26 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:32 a.m., 11:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:41 a.m., 10:05 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.