• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 69 degrees and a west wind 7 to 11 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 48. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 75. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers Thursday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 69.
• Community Action Southold Town (CAST), which has been providing vital safety net services for residents of Southold for 55 years, has finally found a new permanent home and is in contract to purchase the former Southold Opera House on the Main Road in Southold. Read More.
• The U.S. Navy will host its 53rd meeting of the Restoration Advisory Board (RAB) for Naval Weapons Industrial Reserve Plant (NWIRP) Calverton, New York (former Grumman facility) on Thursday, April 29 at 7 p.m. Here’s how to participate.
• Suffolk County reported 237 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, April 25, with 2.6 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 240 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 56 of them in ICU. The county reported three new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,338 people. As of Monday, 43.9 percent of Suffolk residents had received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, with 30.6 percent of residents fully vaccinated.
• The Southampton Town Board meets at 6 p.m. this evening. They’re slated to hold a public hearing on an enforcement action against the owners of 6 Longneck Boulevard in Flanders. Here’s the agenda, and here’s the public hearing login info.
• Today is the final day to subscribe to our print edition to receive the May issue through the U.S. Mail. You’ll read many of these stories in print before you find them here, and our print subscribers support much of the work we do!
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:47 a.m., 10:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:55 a.m., 9:14 p.m.
Greenport: 10:24 a.m., 10:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:25 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:19 a.m., 10:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:46 a.m.
South Jamesport: 11:53 a.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:58 a.m., 9:26 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:07 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:36 a.m., 10:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:44 a.m., 10:03 p.m.
Greenport: 11:13 a.m., 11:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:08 a.m., 11:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:05 a.m., 12:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:12 a.m., 12:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:47 a.m., 10:13 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:56 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.