• We’re expecting heavy rain today, along with a possible thunderstorm, with a high near 53 and new rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible. Showers will taper off overnight, with a southwest wind 15 to 20 miles per hour. There’s a 30 percent chance of afternoon showers Friday, with a high near 50 degrees, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 50 degrees. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss a gas conversion at the ambulance barn, the Suffolk County Historical Society, grant opportunities for the Jamesport Civic Association and National Grid and summer recreation programs at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss project updates and liaison reports at their 10 a.m. meeting this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on designated parking areas on Laurel Drive in Montauk and no standing zones at Indian Wells and Atlantic Avenue at their 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southold Town Anti-Bias Task Force holds its third Synergy forum, a community dialogue with the town police, this evening, April 6 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the town Human Resource Center, 750 Pacific Street in Mattituck. All are welcome to attend.
• This evening marks the beginning of the final weekend of Hampton Theatre Company’s devious mystery production of “An Act of the Imagination” in Quogue. Read our review and get more details online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:02 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 6:10 a.m., 6:33 p.m.
Greenport: 7:39 a.m., 8:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:23 a.m., 8:56 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 7:34 a.m., 7:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:01 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:08 a.m., 9:31 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:01 a.m., 4:41 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:55 a.m., 8:13 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 7:03 a.m., 7:21 p.m.
Greenport: 8:32 a.m., 8:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:22 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 8:27 a.m., 8:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:54 a.m., 10:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:01 a.m., 10:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:02 a.m., 5:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.