• Today will be mostly sunny, with highs in the mid 50s and northwest winds 5 to 10 miles per hour, becoming west in the afternoon. Skies will become cloudy overnight, with showers likely after midnight and lows in the lower 40s. We’re expecting showers and a chance of afternoon thunderstorms on Thursday, with highs in the lower 50s, and mostly cloudy skies Friday, with a 30 percent chance of showers.
• The long-languishing former Grumman plant that the U.S. Navy gave to Riverhead Town’s Industrial Development Agency in 1998 could soon be in the hands of ultralight aircraft manufacturer Luminati Aerospace. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• On this beautiful spring morning, we’re daydreaming here at Beacon headquarters about another season of paddling in the Peconics. Take a trip with us around Robins Island with our creative director’s new story for The Peconic Bathtub, online here.
• Neighbors in Support of Immigrants and Centro Corazon de Maria are helping to form a Rapid Response Network to help support immigrants on the South Fork, with a training tonight, April 5 at 6 p.m. at St. Rosalie Community Center, 31 E. Montauk Highway in Hampton Bays. For more information call: 631.728.5558. OLA and Long Island Jobs with Justice will hold a similar training on April 14 at the Bridgehampton Community House, 2357 Montauk Highway, Bridgehampton at 6 p.m. Register for the OLA event on Eventbrite.
• Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor is playing host to a new production titled “The Wave,” about a young 1960’s California history teacher whose daring social experiment succeeded beyond his wildest expectations, creating a fascist state on campus. The play opens tonight at 7 p.m. and continues through Saturday. Tickets range from $30 to $45. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:59 a.m., 6:28 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 5:07 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
Greenport: 6:36 a.m., 7:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:17 a.m., 7:56 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 6:31 a.m., 7 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:58 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:05 a.m., 8:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:57 a.m., 3:39 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:02 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 6:10 a.m., 6:33 p.m.
Greenport: 7:39 a.m., 8:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:23 a.m., 8:56 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 7:34 a.m., 7:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:01 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:08 a.m., 9:31 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:01 a.m., 4:41 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.