This Morning’s Bulletin — 4.8.21
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high temperature near 64 degrees and light and variable winds becoming north 5 to 7 miles per hour in the morning. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 41. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 59 and Saturday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 62.
• Our columnist Dave Davis weighs in this week on the insanity of the intangibles in cryptocurrencies. Here’s his latest.
• Suffolk County reported 662 new cases of Covid-19 on Wednesday, with 4.5 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 367 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 91 of them in ICU. The county reported six new fatalities, bringing the death toll here to 3,283.
• The New York Blood Center will hold a community blood drive in Suite 305 (Next to the Columbia outlet) in the Tanger Outlets (Tanger 1) in Riverhead today from noon to 6 p.m., sponsored by New York State Senator Anthony Palumbo. Sign up for an appointment here.
• The Southampton Town Board holds a special meeting to issue a request for proposals to clean up the Damascus Landfill site this morning at 10 a.m., followed by work session at which they’re expected to discuss a solar leasing program. The meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss anti-bias training and possible police/community Zoom meetings, a State Environmental Quality Review Act update on Chernoff Medical Suites and the town’s 2020 audit at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and here’s where to watch live.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:16 a.m., 8:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:24 a.m., 7:43 p.m.
Greenport: 8:53 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:45 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:48 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:15 a.m., 10:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:22 a.m., 10:41 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:17 a.m., 7:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:26 a.m., 5:58 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:58 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:06 a.m., 8:23 p.m.
Greenport: 9:35 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:33 a.m., 10:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:30 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:57 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:04 a.m., 11:21 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:06 a.m., 8:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:15 a.m., 6:42 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.