• Today will be sunny, with a high near 87 degrees and a north wind 5 to 9 miles per hour, becoming southwest in the afternoon. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 65. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 85 and a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2 p.m. Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
• This evening from 6 to 8 p.m. is the opening reception for the National Geographic Photo Ark exhibition at Southampton Arts Center, featuring the visually stunning work of National Geographic photographer and Fellow Joel Sartore. More details are online here.
• Riverhead Town’s ribbon cutting for the multi-purpose athletic trail around the Calverton Enterprise Park has been moved to 11:30 a.m. on Monday, July 1 at the first informational kiosk just east of the Route 25 parking lot across from Calverton National Cemetery. It had originally been scheduled for 2 p.m. More details are online here.
• Monday marks the first day of 5 a.m. service departing Shelter Island on the North Ferry. The schedule change will allow commuters to meet the 5:25 Long Island Rail Road train and the 5:55 Hampton Jitney departing Greenport.
• Our upcoming carnival, parade and fireworks listings for the holiday week ahead are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:10 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:18 a.m., 6:42 p.m.
Greenport: 7:47 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:28 a.m., 8:44 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:42 a.m., 8:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:09 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:16 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:49 a.m., 6:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:58 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:55 a.m., 8:14 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:03 a.m., 7:22 p.m.
Greenport: 8:32 a.m., 8:51 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:20 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:27 a.m., 8:46 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:54 a.m., 10:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:01 a.m., 10:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:46 a.m., 7:09 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:55 a.m., 5:18 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.