• Today will be sunny, with a high near 86 degrees and light and variable winds becoming east 5 to 7 miles per hour in the morning. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 61. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 88. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1 p.m. Saturday, with partly sunny skies and a high near 85.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a special meeting at 9:30 a.m. today to approve several resolutions regarding its “Alive on 25” summer street fair series, which begins July 3, followed by a 10 a.m. work session at which they will discuss playground updates at the George Young Community Center in Jamesport and an annual report from the town’s Architectural Review Board.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss capital project needs in the Hampton Bays Water District and the town’s Environmental Site Assessment database at its 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Suffolk County Department of Health Services has temporarily closed Veterans Memorial Park Beach on the Peconic Bay in Mattituck due to high levels of bacteria found after Tuesday’s rain. This is the only East End beach closed by the health department this week. The beach will be re-opened once bacteria levels decline. More details are online here.
• The East Hampton Library will host the first edition of its Tom Twomey Lecture Series on Saturday, June 29 at 6 p.m. Husband-and-wife power duo of Rita Braver of CBS News and attorney Bob Barnett will discuss the current status of affairs in Washington, DC. More details are online here.
• Whipping up a batch of homemade flatbreads is a total win, and our Peconic Dish columnist Alison Boyd-Savage has a great June recipe for us of spiced lamb flatbreads.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:20 a.m., 6:51 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:28 a.m., 5:59 p.m.
Greenport: 6:57 a.m., 7:28 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:34 a.m., 7:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:52 a.m., 7:23 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:19 a.m., 8:50 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:26 a.m., 8:57 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:53 a.m., 5:27 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:02 a.m., 3:36 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:10 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:18 a.m., 6:42 p.m.
Greenport: 7:47 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:28 a.m., 8:44 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:42 a.m., 8:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:09 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:16 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:49 a.m., 6:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:58 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.