This Morning’s Bulletin — 7.1.19
Pictured Above: On the Waterfront, New Suffolk
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 81 degrees and a north wind 7 to 10 miles per hour, becoming west in the afternoon. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers overnight, with partly cloudy skies and a low around 63. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers before 10 a.m. Tuesday, with mostly sunny skies and a high near 84. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 85.
• Riverhead Town’s ribbon cutting for the multi-purpose athletic trail around the Calverton Enterprise Park has been moved to 11:30 a.m. this morning at the first informational kiosk just east of the Route 25 parking lot across from Calverton National Cemetery. It had originally been scheduled for 2 p.m. More details are online here.
• There are plenty of free events in parks across the East End this evening, including the Riverhead Community Band’s Independence Day concert at 7:30 p.m. on the lawn of the Pulaski Street School, The Realm’s performance on the Montauk Green at 6:30 p.m. and the Gilbert & Sullivan Theater’s performance at Good Ground Park in Hampton Bays at 7 p.m.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge hosts a special program on attracting ruby-throated hummingbirds to your garden tomorrow at 4 p.m. More details are online here.
• Our upcoming carnival, parade and fireworks listings for the holiday week ahead are online here.
• Our July print edition is now on newsstands throughout the East End. Find out where to pick up a copy here, or subscribe online here to support our work throughout the year.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:23 a.m., 9:37 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:31 a.m., 8:45 p.m.
Greenport: 10 a.m., 10:14 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:59 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:55 a.m., 10:09 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:22 a.m., 11:36 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:29 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:32 a.m., 8:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:41 a.m., 6:54 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:08 a.m., 10:23 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:16 a.m., 9:31 p.m.
Greenport: 10:45 a.m., 11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:48 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:40 a.m., 10:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:14 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:21 a.m., 9:32 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:30 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.