• Fishermen out in Montauk had a lot to say to the federal Bureau of Ocean Energy Management about offshore wind farms yesterday. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• New York State Assemblyman Fred Thiele, the only Independent member of the New York State Legislature, has introduced a constitutional amendment in the legislature which would establish an open primary system for congressional and state elections in New York. A similar system was enacted in California in 2010. The amendment would allow all voters to vote in the primaries without regard to party preference of the voter.
• The Beacon’s report on Dr. Chris Gobler’s State of the Bays is online here. The state is not great, he says.
• Buddhist author Mark Epstein, M.D., whose most recent book is “The Trauma of Everyday Life,” will be the guest speaker at Writers Speak Wednesday at Stony Brook Southampton tonight at 7 p.m. More information is online here.
• The Montauk Chamber of Commerce’s annual vacation guide to Montauk is now available online.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.