• We’re expecting snow before 2 p.m. today and a high near 38 but wind chill values between 25 and 30, with a north wind 16 to 23 miles per hour. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches is possible, according to the National Weather Service. All East End schools and many East End libraries will be closed today.
• Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 19. But the sub-freezing temperatures don’t stay around for long. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 41, and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 43.
• Martha Clara Vineyards hosts their fourth annual Charitable Food Pantry Fundraiser tonight from 6 to 10 p.m. at the vineyard on Sound Avenue. Who Are Those Guys and The Lone Sharks will play to benefit five local food pantries. More information is online here. [$30] The Beacon’s full music listings for this weekend, and for the weeks ahead, are online here.
• The East Marion Community Association hosts their annual Cabin Fever potluck and coat drive tomorrow, Feb. 6, from 12:30 to 2 p.m. at the East Marion Firehouse. Bring a dish that serves six. More information is online here.
• Tonight from 5 to 7 p.m., the New York Immigration Coalition, in collaboration with Catholic Charities Communities Services, is hosting an immigration hotline to support immigrants who have questions about ICE raids and about any legal risks they may face. Individuals will be able to speak directly with lawyers from their partner agencies to get personalized advice and information. The hotline number is 1.800.566.7636.
• The Ellen Hermanson Foundation has awarded Southampton Hospital two grants totaling $275,355 to fund technology and patient support services at The Ellen Hermanson Breast Center. Just over $100,000 will be applied to the purchase of a Tomosynthesis 3-D Imaging System at the Medical Atrium in Hampton Bays, and $170,355 will fund Ellen’s Well services including an oncological social worker, the annual “Day of Renewal and Hope,” and restorative services in yoga, water exercise, acupuncture, massage therapy, reflexology and meditation.
• The 11th Annual Love & Passion art show, this year themed “Peace, Love & Understanding,” will open tomorrow, Feb. 6 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the White Room Gallery in Bridgehampton. More information is online here.
• On Friday, Feb. 12 at 7:30pm, Erik Zettler of the Sea Education Association will give a seminar entitled: “Life in the Plastisphere: The ecology of plastic marine debris” in the Duke Lecture Hall of Chancellor’s Hall on the Stony Brook Southampton Campus. More information is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.