• Today will be sunny, with a high temperature near 64 degrees and a northwest wind 10 to 15 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 44. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 67 and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 70.
• Canio’s Books in Sag Harbor will host a Zoom reading tomorrow, May 13 at 7 p.m. with co-editor Rebekah Modrak and contributors to “Radical Humility: Essays on Ordinary Acts.” Attendees will hear from Richard Boothman, Ruth Nicole Brown, Kevin E, Ami Walsh, Jennifer Cole Wright and Modrak. There will be a Q & A after the reading. Here’s the registration link.
• The Cutchogue Fire Department’s spring Drive-In Movie Night is this Friday at 8 p.m. They will be screening the family Pixar film “The Croods: A New Age” at Peconic Bay Winery, 31320 Main Road, Cutchogue. Tickets are $45 per car and can be purchased at cutchoguefiredept.org.
• Guild Hall will present 28 virtual screenings of “42nd Street — The Musical” from London’s West End from today through May 18 at 1, 4, 7 & 10 p.m. each day. Tickets are $15 and are available online at guildhall.org.
• The Old Town Arts & Crafts Guild in Cutchogue is hosting its Third Annual Art Competition: “Sources of Inspiration,” featuring fine art, photography, and mixed media, with Juror Dan Pollera, producer of “World within a World.” Artists can apply online at callforentry.org by searching for “Old Town Arts & Crafts Guild.” A reception will be held Friday, Aug. 27 from 5 to 7 p.m. The gallery is open Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 12 to 5 p.m.. Visit oldtownartsguild.org for more information.
• Suffolk County reported 104 new cases of Covid-19 on Monday, May 10, with 1.4 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 132 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 36 of them in ICU. The county reported two new deaths from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,374 people.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:14 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:22 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
Greenport: 11:51 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:15 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:46 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:42 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:49 a.m., 1:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:18 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:27 a.m., 8:33 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:58 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:06 a.m., 11:12 p.m.
Greenport: Midnight, 12:35 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:50 a.m., 1:26 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:30 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:22 a.m., 1:57 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:29 a.m., 2:04 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:57 a.m., 10:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:06 a.m., 9:05 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.