This Morning’s Bulletin — 5.14.18
• It will be mostly cloudy today, with a high near 65 degrees and light and variable winds. There’s a 20 percent chance of overnight showers, with a low around 57. Tuesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 77 and a 20 percent chance of showers. Wednesday will be cloudy, with a high near 68 and a 50 percent chance of showers.
• This evening’s Flanders, Riverside & Northampton Community Association meeting has been moved up an hour to 6 p.m. at the Crohan Community Center at 655 Flanders Road for a special presentation from the Southampton Town Police Chief with an update on crackdowns on drugs, gangs and prostitution in the area, along with presentations from candidates for Riverhead School Board and Southampton’s Code Enforcement Officer.
• Southampton’s Rogers Memorial Library will hold a discussion titled “Junk Science Vs. Real Science: How Can We Tell The Difference” with Edson Brolin, Stuart Lowrie and John Andrews this evening at 5:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• Stay tuned later this morning for our photos and story from the moving opioid epidemic vigil held Saturday evening at Good Ground Park in Hampton Bays.
• The evolution of a diverse community over three centuries is the focus of this year’s Sag Harbor Cultural Heritage Weekend, to be held this coming Friday, May 18 through Sunday, May 20. More details on the whole weekend’s schedule are online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:41 a.m., 9:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:49 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
Greenport: 10:18 a.m., 10:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:17 a.m., 11:29 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:13 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:40 a.m., 11:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:47 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:58 a.m., 7:15 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:25 a.m., 10:39 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:33 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
Greenport: 11:02 a.m., 11:16 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:04 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:57 a.m., 11:11 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:01 a.m., 12:31 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:44 a.m., 7:59 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.