• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 87 degrees and a southwest wind 7 to 10 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 65. Tomorrow will be mostly sunny, with a high near 81 degrees and a northeast wind 5 to 8 miles per hour, becoming east in the afternoon. Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 83 and a 30 percent chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after noon.
• Tropical Storm Isaias dropped tree limbs and power lines throughout the East End Tuesday afternoon. As of 5:16 a.m. Wednesday 320,769 of PSEG-Long Island’s customers had not yet had their power restored, about 37.6 percent of the utility’s customers. Here’s the latest on the storm.
• Just moments after former Stony Brook University Chemistry Department Chair Nancy Goroff announced July 9 that she had won the Democratic primary to run against Congressman Lee Zeldin this November, the Suffolk County Republican Party came out swinging, calling her a “radical scientist,” while Mr. Zeldin showed off a campaign arsenal that has been quietly building while Democrats duked it out amongst themselves. Read our update on the current state of the race.
• Donald Trump, Jr. and a cadre of boaters are planning a Trumpstock flotilla of his father’s supporters from Orient Point to Montauk Point this Friday beginning at 1 p.m., in anticipation of the president’s fundraising visit to the South Fork this weekend. Here’s some more information.
• The East End real estate market was still thawing out in the second quarter of 2020, even though many in the industry predicted the spring pandemic scare would prompt panic buying of homes here by New York City residents. Real estate reports here show a mixed bag of signals. Here’s our second quarter report.
• Tomorrow evening is the Sound Side Film Fest indie drive-in movie festival in Cutchogue to benefit Community Action Southold Town. Here are the details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:47 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:55 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
Greenport: 12:24 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:55 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:19 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:19 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:26 a.m., 1:53 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:03 a.m., 11:16 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:12 a.m., 9:25 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:05 a.m., 12:33 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:41 a.m., 11:57 p.m.
Greenport: 12:42 a.m., 1:10 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:38 a.m., 2:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:37 a.m., 1:05 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:04 a.m., 2:32 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:11 a.m., 2:39 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:47 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:56 a.m., 10:07 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.