• We’re expecting patchy drizzle before noon today, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 61 and a calm wind becoming southeast 5 to 9 miles per hour in the morning. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers overnight, with a low around 53. Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 72 and Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 74.
• East Hampton Town, which was awarded a $250,000 New York State grant in late 2014 to put together a Coastal Assessment and Resiliency Plan, is now in the thick of exploring the impact of rising sea levels on its coastline. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• “The Man in the Ceiling,” a new musical based on the book by cartoonist Jules Feiffer, opens today at Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor. Stay tuned later today for our writer Kara Westerman’s interview with Mr. Feiffer about the production and his creative process.
• Our June print edition hits newsstands on Thursday. Subscribe today online here to get it delivered to your mailbox!
• If you’ve ever wished you were able to sit in on a poetry reading at Lawrence Ferlinghetti’s City Lights bookstore in San Francisco circa 1957, the age of the beatniks, a time when poetry came down from its lofty heights and mingled with the people of the world and the word, Dave Berson and Billy Hands have a treat in store for you June 2. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• ONE Greenport, a committee formed to celebrate the cultural diversity of the village of Greenport, will host a Cultural Festival this coming Sunday, June 4, from 1 to 4 p.m. in Mitchell Park. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:58 a.m., 2:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:06 a.m., 1:43 p.m.
Greenport: 2:35 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:30 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:30 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:57 a.m., 4:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:04 a.m., 4:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:06 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:58 a.m., 3:37 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:06 a.m., 2:45 p.m.
Greenport: 3:35 a.m., 4:14 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:29 a.m., 5:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:30 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:57 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:04 a.m., 5:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:19 a.m., 1:03 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.