• Today will be sunny, with a high near 72 degrees and a light southwest wind becoming south 6 to 11 miles per hour in the morning. We’re expecting increasing clouds overnight, with a low around 54. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Wednesday, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 81.
• Riverhead Town is beginning work this week on a four-mile extension of the athletic trail around the Calverton Enterprise Park, after the town received $200,000 in Suffolk County funding through the work of Suffolk County Legislator Al Krupski and a $500,000 grant from the New York State Environmental Protection Fund.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold its work session this morning at 10 a.m. at the Montauk Firehouse. On the agenda will be rerouting the emergency access trail at Eddie Ecker Park and the Manor House. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss fireworks, water quality monitoring and the Cornell Cooperative Extension Marine Program at their 1 p.m. work session at town hall this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on use regulations for pre-existing marinas in residential zones and on several CPF acquisitions at their 6 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
• Southold Town is upgrading the entrance to its recreation center on Peconic Lane this week in order to make its main entrance ADA compliant, and the town is asking visitors to the center to enter the building through the south entrance throughout this week.
• The Southold Town Board and the Southold Agriculture Advisory Committee will hold a special joint meeting tomorrow, June 13 at 7:30 p.m. at town hall to discuss agricultural zoning use issues. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:11 a.m., 9:28 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:19 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
Greenport: 9:48 a.m., 10:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:49 a.m., 11:02 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:43 a.m., 10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:10 a.m., 11:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:17 a.m., 11:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:32 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:59 a.m., 10:17 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:07 a.m., 9:25 p.m.
Greenport: 10:36 a.m., 10:54 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:40 a.m., 11:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:31 a.m., 10:49 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:58 a.m.
South Jamesport: 12:05 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:24 a.m., 7:39 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.