• Today will be sunny, with a high near 74 degrees and an east wind 6 to 11 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy this evening, with a low around 52. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 74 and Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
• New York State has published the guidelines for regions to enter Phase 3 of reopening after the Covid-19 lockdown, which includes 50 percent indoor occupancy at restaurants and nail salons. Long Island is expected to enter Phase 3 next Wednesday, June 24. Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone said in his Monday press briefing that local police are will be enforcing Phase 2 restrictions until the region enters Phase 3 after New York Governor Andrew Cuomo cautioned that regions that violate the guidelines could be held back from moving forward in reopening.
• Suffolk County saw seven deaths from Covid-19 in the period ending June 13, Mr. Bellone said on Monday, a jump from the prior three days where there had been fewer than three deaths. There was an increase of two hospitalizations in that period, bringing the total to 126, and a decrease of two ICU hospitalizations, bringing that number down to 38. Twelve patients had been discharged in that period. Mr. Bellone also reported just 33 people had tested positive for Covid in the past 24 hours, a new low in a region that had seen hundreds of positive cases per day for months.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss a number of Covid-related initiatives at its 11 a.m. work session and regular meeting this morning, including closing Love Lane in Mattituck to traffic on weekends and farmer’s market applications. The board will also discuss an RFP for solar power at the town’s Cutchogue landfill. Their full agenda is here and the video of the meeting, which will not be open to the public due to Covid-19, will be online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss Army Corps of Engineers navigation improvements in Lake Montauk, enhanced town communications and stormwater abatement at its 11 a.m. meeting, which will not be open to the public due to Covid-19. The agenda is online here and the video will be posted here.
• The Riverhead Town Board and Riverhead CDA meet at 2 p.m. today, in a session which is closed to the public due to Covid-19. The CDA is expected to extend the lease for East End Disability Associates to use the Henry Pfeifer Community Center at EPCAL. The regular board meeting agenda is online here and the video of the meeting will be online here.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton is celebrating James Joyce’s Bloomsday with a virtual reading of Joyce’s “A Short Night’s Odyssey from No to Yes.” More details are online here. Bloomsday is an annual celebration of the events that took place in Dublin over the course of June 16 in Joyce’s masterpiece, “Ulysses.”
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:16 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:24 a.m., 6:49 p.m.
Greenport: 7:53 a.m., 8:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:40 a.m., 8:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:48 a.m., 8:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:15 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:22 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:02 a.m., 6:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:11 a.m., 4:43 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:02 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:10 a.m., 7:30 p.m.
Greenport: 8:39 a.m., 8:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:29 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:34 a.m., 8:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:01 a.m., 10:21 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:08 a.m., 10:28 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:55 a.m., 7:20 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:04 a.m., 5:29 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.