Pictured Above: At Inlet Pond County Park, Greenport.

Good Morning!

• There’s a 40 percent chance of showers today, with thunderstorms possible between 2 and 4 p.m. and a high temerature near 73 degrees.The wind will be out of the southeast at 5 to 7 miles per hour. There’s a 60 percent chance of showers overnight, with a low around 65 degrees. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before noon on Friday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 76. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 76.

• As the federal Environmental Protection Agency unveiled its plans to roll back Obama-era reductions on emissions from coal plants Wednesday morning, New York solidified its commitment to climate protection by passing the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act in the final hours of this year’s state legislative session. The Beacon’s full story is online here.

• The East Hampton Town Board has resolutions decreasing the minimum lot size for affordable accessory apartments to 3/4 of an acre and on accepting a plan for Community Choice Aggregation of energy at its 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening. The full agenda is online here.

• The Water Mill Museum will hold a “Sip & Paint” this evening at 7 p.m. with local artist Louis Puglisi. More details are online here.

• The North Fork Environmental Council will hold its next ‘NFEC Now’ speaker series on “Coastal Resilience and Living Shorelines” tomorrow, June 21 at the Peconic Lane Community Center at 6:30 p.m. More details are online here.

• The Old Town Arts & Crafts Guild in Cutchogue is hosting its eighth annual Green Project Runway Class for kids on Tuesdays, July 2 to August 27, from 10 a.m. to noon. The children design their own costumes, accessories, and set design for a trip “down the runway” on the Village Green on Saturday, August 3. There is an intro class on Tuesday, June 25 with an overview and receipt of summer materials. The theme this year is “Woodstock 50th Anniversary: Peace, Love, & Rock-n-Roll.” For more information or to register, contact the Guild at 631.734.6382 or visit them at 28265 Main Road., Cutchogue, email: oldtownguild@aol.com. There is a $75 materials fee for all 11 classes.

The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:

June 20
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:21 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:03 p.m.
Greenport: 12:58 a.m., 1:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:50 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:53 a.m., 1:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:20 a.m., 2:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:27 a.m., 3:01 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:05 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:14 a.m., 10:24 p.m.

June 21
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:09 a.m., 1:44 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:17 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
Greenport: 1:46 a.m., 2:21 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:34 a.m., 3:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:41 a.m., 2:16 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:08 a.m., 3:43 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:15 a.m., 3:50 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:15 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:03 a.m., 11:09 p.m.

And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.

Beth Young
Beth Young is an award-winning local journalist who has been covering the East End since the 1990s. She began her career at the Sag Harbor Express and, after receiving her Masters from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, has reported for the Southampton Press, the East Hampton Press and the Times/Review Media Group. She founded the East End Beacon website in 2013, and a print edition in 2017. Beth was born and raised on the North Fork. In her spare time, she tinkers with bicycles, tries not to drown in the Peconic Bay and hopes to grow the perfect tomato. You can send her a message at editor@eastendbeacon.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Please prove you're human: