• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high near 89 degrees and a southwest wind 10 to 14 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 69. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 89 and Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 87 and a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m.
• Writer and recent Orient transplant Tom Dyja has teamed up with poet and proprietor of the Orient Service Center Billy Hands — the son of Chicago Cubs pitching great Bill Hands — for an exploration of all that baseball has meant to Orient and the North Fork, on view through Aug. 22 at the Oysterponds Historical Society’s Old Point Schoolhouse at their museum complex on Village Lane. We talked with them both recently about what the exhibit means to them. Read more.
• Innovative alternative transportation solutions are coming to the South Fork this summer, just in time for the summer crush of traffic on the East End. Read our full story.
• The Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association holds its annual meeting in person this evening at 6:30 p.m. in the large meeting room at the Mattituck-Laurel Library, at which they’ll vote on a new board and recap the past year. They’re asking attendees to bring their favorite dessert to share. Masks are optional at the library if you are vaccinated against Covid-19.
• Suffolk County reported 32 new cases of Covid-19 on Friday, June 25, the last day for which data was available as of this morning, with 0.4 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 43 people in the hospital with the virus in the county, with nine of them in ICU. The county reported no new fatalities from the virus, and the death toll here stands at 3,401 people.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:01 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:09 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
Greenport: 1:38 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:33 a.m., 3:09 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:33 a.m., 2:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3 a.m., 3:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:07 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:16 a.m., 12:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:05 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:54 a.m., 2:31 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:02 a.m., 1:39 p.m.
Greenport: 2:31 a.m., 3:08 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:27 a.m., 4:01 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:26 a.m., 3:03 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:53 a.m., 4:30 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4 a.m., 4:37 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:11 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:59 a.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.