• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 82 degrees and a southwest wind 11 to 13 miles per hour. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 66. There’s a 20 percent chance of afternoon showers Tuesday, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 79. There’s also a 20 percent chance of showers Wednesday, but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 73.
• There’s currently a national blood shortage that is forcing postponement of surgeries across the country, and the New York Blood Center has issued an emergency appeal for blood. It just happens that the Riverhead Fire Department will be hosting a Community Blood Drive tomorrow, June 7 from 1 to 7 p.m. at their Roanoke Avenue firehouse. For questions and appointments call Lauren Reichel at 631.369.9136.
• East End Arts announced its Teeny Awards winners at a ceremony yesterday at Shoreham-Wading River High School. The full list of winners is online here.
• The 139-foot schooner America is scheduled to arrive in Greenport on June 9, and will be offering tours and sails on Thursday and Friday in conjunction with the East End Seaport Museum. The ship, built in 1995, is a replica of the 19th Century racing yacht that America’s Cup is named for. More information is online here.
• Surfrider’s Eastern Long Island Chapter will be holding a chapter meeting tomorrow, June 7 at 6 p.m. at Cowfish Restaurant at 258 East Montauk Highway. All are welcome to attend. More information is online here.
• Through his underwater pictures and videos of local fish, crustaceans, mollusks, and other assorted invertebrates, Chris Paparo will take attendees on an underwater journey of Long Island at a special event sponsored by North Fork Audubon Society at the Peconic Lane Community Center this Friday, June 10. More information is online here.
• The North Fork’s inaugural Rites of Spring Music Fest concludes this coming Saturday, June 11, with a concert of Italian opera arias with soprano Masha Carrera and pianist Paolo Bartolani, paired with an evening of antipasti from Caci restaurant at Laurel Lake Vineyards. More information is online here.
• If you’re a musician and you’d like to pay a $30 application fee for a chance to appear on stage during this summer’s FOLD Festival at Martha Clara Vineyards, you can find out how to do that online here. You have until June 26 to send them a video to be evaluated by a panel of music people led by producer Nile Rogers.
The high tides across the East End for today and tomorrow are as follows:
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.