• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 66 degrees and a north wind around 8 miles per hour, becoming southeast in the afternoon. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 47. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 69, and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
• East Hampton attorney Joe Giannini, 74, is having his fifth life, by Beacon correspondent Kara Westerman’s count. He’s been a champion college wrestler, a life-long surfer, a Marine in Vietnam, a criminal lawyer for 40 years in New York, a boxing manager and promoter, and now, for his fifth curtain call, he is taking stock of his earlier incarnations. Kara takes a walk through all of Mr. Giannini’s incarnations in her piece this month, “Joe Giannini to Earth.”
• Montauk Observatory is hosting a true American hero: Randolph “Komrade” Bresnik who, in December 2017, returned from 139 days in space as Commander of the International Space Station (ISS), for two lectures at Guild Hall in East Hampton this month. More details are online here.
• Suffolk County Vector Control plans to spray the following East End areas with the mosquito larvicides Bti and Methoprene today and tomorrow between the hours of 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.: Stokes Poges, Jagger Lane, Apacuck Point, Moneybogue Bay, Westhampton Dunes, Dune Road (Overton), Meadow Lane, North Haven and North Sea in Southampton Town; Napeague, Beach Hampton and Accabonac Harbor in East Hampton Town; Indian Island, the Crescent Duck Farm and the Aquebogue Overlook in Riverhead Town; and New Suffolk, Great Hog Neck, Kerwin Boulevard, Pipes Neck Creek and Pipes Cove in Southold Town. For more information, call 631.852.4270 or visit Vector Control’s website.
• East End Arts in Riverhead is accepting entries for its next exhibition: “Rescue: People, Pets, Predicaments,” which opens June 15. Works may be dropped off Thursday through Saturday, June 7 through June 9. More details are online here.
• The North Fork Environmental Council is asking residents who are opposed to the currently proposed deal for the sale of EPCAL to contact Councilman Tim Hubbard at 631.727.3200 ext 223 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to let the councilman know how they feel about the project.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:14 a.m., 5:01 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:22 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
Greenport: 4:51 a.m., 5:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:25 a.m., 6 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:46 a.m., 5:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:13 a.m., 7 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:20 a.m., 7:07 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:03 a.m., 1:45 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:09 a.m., 5:51 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:17 a.m., 4:59 p.m.
Greenport: 5:46 a.m., 6:28 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:19 a.m., 6:51 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:41 a.m., 6:23 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:08 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:15 a.m., 7:57 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:51 a.m., 2:31 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.