• We’re expecting mostly cloudy skies this morning, with a high near 80 degrees and a chance of showers and thunderstorms increasing to 60 percent by afternoon, with a north wind 5 to 7 miles per hour, becoming south in the afternoon. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 66. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 87 and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 87.
• Suffolk County reported 46 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Tuesday, with 73 patients hospitalized (an increase of seven), 23 patients in intensive care (a decrease of one), eight new hospital admissions, six new hospital discharges and two new fatalities, bringing the death toll in the county to 1,981.
• The Long Island Ducks announced yesterday that they are suspending their 2020 season because the state has not allowed fans to attend sporting events due to the coronavirus pandemic.
• While Fourth of July parades and fireworks displays are cancelled throughout the East End this season, the Oysterponds Historical Society in Orient is planning to hold its annual Heritage Day virtually on July 5. More details are online here.
• The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the South Fork is presenting the East End community with a call for proposals for their new High Impact Community Outreach grants. More details are online here.
• The Beacon’s July print edition is being distributed to newsstands throughout the region today. Pick up a copy!
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:07 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:15 a.m., 6:43 p.m.
Greenport: 7:44 a.m., 8:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:39 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:39 a.m., 8:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:06 a.m., 9:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:13 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:05 a.m., 6:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:14 a.m., 4:54 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:01 a.m., 8:25
Montauk Harbor: 7:09 a.m., 7:33 p.m.
Greenport: 8:38 a.m., 9:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:37 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:33 a.m., 8:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:07 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:08 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:17 a.m., 5:50 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.