• Today will be sunny, with a high near 88 degrees and light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 9 miles per hour in the afternoon. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 63. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1 p.m. Thursday, but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 81. There’s a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1 p.m. Friday, but otherwise skies will clear throughout the day, with a high near 86.
• The Beacon is teaming up with Drawdown East End, a group of local activists working to implement the goals of Project Drawdown to reduce carbon in our atmosphere, for a #dare2drawdown challenge this summer. More details are online here.
• On Wednesday, July 10 at 6 p.m., the Bridgehampton Community Center will play host to “Altered Habitats: Invasive Species in the Wild and What We Can Do,” a program which repeats on Thursday, July 11 at 2:30 p.m. at the Flanders Community Center as part of Southampton Town’s series of Invasive Species Awareness Week presentations.
• The Southampton Arts Center kicks off a series of three lectures by award-winning photographers tomorrow evening, July 11 at 7 p.m. with Ami Vitale, a Nikon Ambassador and National Geographic magazine photographer. More details on the series are online here.
• On Thursday, July 18, The Retreat is taking over East Hampton’s Guild Hall for a special screening of the new film “Stronger Than Pretty,” with a special talk with filmmaker Jaret Martino. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:56 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:04 a.m., 4:44 p.m.
Greenport: 5:33 a.m., 6:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:27 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:28 a.m., 6:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:55 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:02 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:54 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:03 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:01 a.m., 6:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:09 a.m., 5:43 p.m.
Greenport: 6:38 a.m., 7:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:29 a.m., 7:56 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:33 a.m., 7:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8 a.m., 8:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:07 a.m., 8:41 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:52 a.m., 5:35 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:01 a.m., 3:44 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.