• We’re expecting widespread haze this morning, with partly sunny skies, a high near 86 degrees and a west wind 3 to 8 miles per hour, with showers and thunderstorms likely later this afternoon. Some of the storms could produce small hail and gusty winds. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms this evening, with skies gradually clearing and a low around 66. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 83 degrees and a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m.
• Guild Hall pulls out all the stops for an immersive dance performance July 29 through July 30 from 8 to 9:30 p.m. Part-tribute, part live-archive, part new work, “Get Dancing” is an evening of downtown dance history re-imagined. Here are more details.
• The Oysterponds Historical Society is slated to show the film “A League of Their Own” as part of its Baseball Movie Night series on the grounds of the Old Point Schoolhouse on Village Lane this evening at 8 p.m. This is part of the exhibition “Home Teams: Baseball on the North Fork.”
• The Jamesport Fire Department’s annual Firemen’s Carnival continues through Saturday, with the annual parade returning this evening, July 21 at 7 p.m. and fireworks on Saturday at 10 p.m. Here are more details.
We’ll update this post if either of the above events is rained out.
• Southold’s Summer Showcase Concert Series continues this evening at 7:30 p.m. at Silversmith’s Corner (Main Road & Youngs Avenue with a free concert by Darcy & The Jazz Edge. The rain location is the Southold First Presbyterian Church.
• Suffolk County reported 97 new cases of Covid-19 on Monday, July 19, with 2 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 29 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with four of them in ICU. The county reported no new fatalities, and the death toll here stands at 3,408 people.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:54 a.m., 8:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:02 a.m., 7:28 p.m.
Greenport: 8:31 a.m., 8:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:30 a.m., 9:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:26 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:53 a.m., 10:19 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:03 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:12 a.m., 5:44 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:47 a.m., 9:13 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:55 a.m., 8:21 p.m.
Greenport: 9:24 a.m., 9:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:28 a.m., 10:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:19 a.m., 9:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:46 a.m., 11:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:53 a.m., 11:19 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:05 a.m., 8:31 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:14 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.