• Today will be sunny, with a high temperature near 87 degrees and a west wind around 7 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 70. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 87 degrees and a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 11 a.m. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 83.
• The East Hampton Town Board is slated to discuss New York State commercial fishing permit reform, emergency communications upgrades and Wainscott rezoning at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets this afternoon at 2 p.m. They’re slated to hold public hearings on parking by permit on Forge Road and installation and tent permit fees. Here’s the agenda for the town board meeting, and here’s the agenda for the concurrent CDA meeting. The meetings are open to the public and can be viewed live here.
• Suffolk County reported 88 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, July 18, with 2.2 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 28 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with four of them in ICU. The county reported one new fatality from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,408 people.
• The Jamesport Fire Department’s annual Firemen’s Carnival begins tonight and continues through Saturday, with the annual parade returning tomorrow evening, July 21 at 7 p.m. and fireworks on Saturday at 10 p.m. Here are more details.
• Tickets are now on sale for the North Fork Community Theatre’s Youth on Stage Summer Showcase, a series of selections from Youth on Stage’s favorite shows, with a theme of acceptance, family and our ever-changing world. The Summer Showcase will be on for just four shows on the NFCT stage on the weekend of Aug. 6 to Aug. 8. Here’s more info.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:58 a.m., 7:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:06 a.m., 6:35 p.m.
Greenport: 7:35 a.m., 8:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:29 a.m., 8:51 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:30 a.m., 7:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:57 a.m., 9:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:04 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:55 a.m., 6:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:04 a.m., 4:43 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:54 a.m., 8:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:02 a.m., 7:28 p.m.
Greenport: 8:31 a.m., 8:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:30 a.m., 9:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:26 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:53 a.m., 10:19 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:03 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:12 a.m., 5:44 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.