• It will be sunny today, with a high temperature near 90 degrees and a west wind 6 to 10 miles per hour, becoming southwest in the afternoon. There’s an air quality health advisory in Suffolk County this afternoon. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 70. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 90, and Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 92.
• The Southampton Arts Center hosts an outdoor film and panel discussion of “The Inventor,” in conjunction with the Southampton African American Museum this evening at 7:30 p.m. The film focuses on inventor Garrett Morgan’s question, over a century ago, of whether his racial identity would affect how credibly he was perceived as a business person. Register online here.
• The Jamesport Firemen’s Association’s annual Firemen’s Carnival continues through Saturday at the George Young Community Center on the Main Road in Jamesport, 6 to 11 p.m. this evening and 5 p.m. to midnight Saturday, with a Fireworks Extravaganza at 10 p.m. on Saturday.
• Southold Town voted Tuesday to rezone the former oyster factory property at the end of Shipyard Lane in East Marion from Marine II to Residential Resort and R-80 zoning, a reduction in the intensity of uses that are allowed there. The new owners of the property are holding a meeting to present their plans to develop the property this Saturday, July 23 at 10 a.m. at the East Marion Firehouse, 9245 Main Road, East Marion. All are welcome to attend.
• Westhampton Beach Concours, a car show to benefit the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center, will be held tomorrow, July 23, on The Great Lawn, 35 Main Street in Westhampton Beach from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., showcasing new and vintage automobiles from near and far. Tickets are $50, which includes food, drink & music. Here’s more info.
• Aquebogue’s Old Steeple Community Church Chicken BBQ Takeout will be held tomorrow, July 23, from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $30 and the pick up is at the church at 656 Main Road in Aquebogue. For tickets, call Jean at 631.722.4171 or email jlapin224@nec1550842655.
• The Orient Fire Department’s annual Pig Roast is also on Saturday, July 23, from 4 to 8 p.m. Tickets are $30 for adults, $15 for kids ages 8 to 12 and free for kids under the age of eight, and are available online here.
• Comedian Al Franken presents “The Only Former U.S. Senator Currently on Tour Tour” at The Suffolk Theater in Riverhead on Sunday, July 24 at 7 p.m. One of the original writers for Saturday Night Live, as Senator from Minnesota from 2009 to 2018, Franken “routinely embarrassed badly prepared witnesses and was a fierce opponent of media concentration, mandatory arbitration, and Betsy DeVos,” according to the promotional materials for his tour. Tickets range from $45 to $69 and are available at suffolktheater.com.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:51 a.m., 6:25 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:59 a.m., 5:33 p.m.
Greenport: 6:28 a.m., 7:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:20 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:23 a.m., 6:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:50 a.m., 8:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:57 a.m., 8:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:40 a.m., 5:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:49 a.m., 3:23 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:50 a.m., 7:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:58 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
Greenport: 7:27 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:17 a.m., 8:34 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:22 a.m., 7:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:49 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:56 a.m., 9:22 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:36 a.m., 6:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:45 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.