• We’re expecting showers and thunderstorms today, mainly after 8 a.m., with the possibility of gusty winds, heavy rain, and frequent lightning. The high temperature will be near 82 degrees, with a southwest wind 10 to 14 miles per hour. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches are possible. Skies will clear overnight, with a low around 57 degrees. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 82 degrees.
• The East Hampton Historical Society, the new stewards of the Thomas & Mary Nimmo Moran Studio, will hold an Opening Celebration this evening. More details are online here.
• Letter-writers Katherine Liepe-Levinson and Martin H. Levinson remind us this week of the migrant laborers whose work brings us the bounty of our summer meals. The Beacon is accepting letters to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Mattituck’s Love Lane Street Fair will be tomorrow, July 7 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
• Looking ahead to next week, the Accabonac Protection Committee will host a forum on the health of Accabonac Harbor next Tuesday, June 10 at 5:30 p.m. at Ashawagh Hall in Springs. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:19 a.m., 5:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:27 a.m., 4:12 p.m.
Greenport: 4:56 a.m., 5:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:39 a.m., 6:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:51 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:18 a.m., 7:03 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:25 a.m., 7:10 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:11 a.m., 1:47 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:15 a.m., 5:53 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:223 a.m., 5:01 p.m.
Greenport: 5:52 a.m., 6:30 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:35 a.m., 7 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:47 a.m., 6:25 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:14 a.m., 7:52 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:21 a.m., 7:59 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:03 a.m., 2:38 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.