• There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms today, mainly before 3 p.m., but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 81 degrees and a south wind 8 to 14 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight, with mostly cloudy skies and a steady temperature around 78 degrees. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 85, and Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 84.
• It’s easy to forget, in the height of the busy summer season, that many people on the East End are struggling to put food on the table for their families. But dedicated food pantry volunteers, like those at the 25-year-old Springs Food Pantry don’t take a summer vacation, and neither does hunger. Read The Beacon’s full story online here.
• This summer, Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor is re-envisioning the large-scale Andrew Lloyd Webber musical “Evita” in an intimate setting, taking a look at the life of the former First Lady of Argentina through the eyes of her supporters, who have gathered in a tango club 10 years after her death to celebrate her life. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Surfrider East End’s annual Surf Movie Night fundraiser will be held this evening, Aug. 1 at Guild Hall in East Hampton. Tickets are $20. More details are online here.
• The Westhampton Beach Historical Society will host a free Civil War Living History Event on the Great Lawn in Westhampton Beach this Saturday. More details are online here.
• The North Fork Audubon Society will hold a ceremony dedicating the newly established rain garden and bench at Inlet Pond County Park to Linda Vardy Kedenburg and Maureen Cullinane this Sunday, Aug. 5 at 6 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:25 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:33 a.m., 1:09 p.m.
Greenport: 2:02 a.m., 2:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:46 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:57 a.m., 2:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:24 a.m., 4 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:31 a.m., 4:07 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:15 a.m., 12:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:56 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:05 a.m., 2:42 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:13 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Greenport: 2:42 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:28 a.m., 3:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:37 a.m., 3:14 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:04 a.m., 4:41 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:11 a.m., 4:48 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:55 a.m., 1:27 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:36 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.