• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 82 degrees and a light northwest wind, increasing to 5 to 9 miles per hour in the morning. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 64. Tuesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 80. Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 80 and a 40 percent chance of showers after 9 a.m.
• Suffolk County reported 230 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, July 31, with 3.4 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 47 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with six of them in ICU. The county reported no new fatalities, and the death toll here stands at 3,414 people.
• Advice for a better world for our grandchildren? Let’s re-envision our “way of life” on the East End. Read Beacon editor Beth Young’s August column.
• The Realm performs a free concert of rock, reggae and ska at the Montauk Green, 742 Montauk Highway, Montauk this evening at 6 p.m.
• Winston Irie performs reggae music at the first Dances in the Park of this season at Mitchell Park, 115 Front Street, Greenport this evening at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free. Bring a blanket or beach chair.
• The Sag Harbor Fire Department’s annual carnival returns tomorrow, Aug. 3, and runs through Saturday, Aug. 7, with fireworks on Friday, Aug. 6. Here are more details.
Today’s high tides on the East End are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:02 a.m., 6:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:10 a.m., 5:40 p.m.
Greenport: 6:39 a.m., 7:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:24 a.m., 7:40 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:34 a.m., 7:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:01 a.m., 8:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:08 a.m., 8:38 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:44 a.m., 5:11 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:53 a.m., 3:20 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.