• Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 80 degrees and light and variable wind. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 61. There’s 20 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m. Thursday, with mostly cloudy, skies and a high near 78. Thursday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 79 degrees and a 50 percent chance of showers.
• This morning at 11 a.m., the East Hampton Town Board will hear a presentation from consultants on the East Hampton Airport’s “Environmental Conditions, Planning and Zoning,” as part of the town’s ongoing community discussion on ‘revisioning’ of the airport. The presentation is part of an ongoing discussion, data collection, and possible “re-envisioning” of the airport and its future operations, or closure. The work session can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets this afternoon at 2 p.m. There are no public hearings scheduled. Here’s the agenda.
• The Riverhead Masonic Lodge #645 at 1246 Roanoke Ave. in Riverhead hold a New York Blood Center blood drive this afternoon from 2 to 8 p.m. Appointments can be made online here.
• A new walk-in Covid-19 vaccination site is opening today at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital’s Parrish Memorial Hall at the corner of Lewis and Herrick roads in Southampton. The site will be open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. This new vaccination site was organized after the closing last week of the state-run vaccination site at the Stony Brook Southampton campus as part of the ongoing downscaling of state-run vaccination sites. The Pfizer (1st and 2nd doses) and limited single dose Johnson & Johnson (J&J) vaccines will be available. No appointment is required for either vaccine. Park in the designated parking spaces along Herrick Road. Entrance to the vaccination site is in the rear of Parrish Hall. Please bring a legal ID and wear a short sleeve shirt for the injection.
• Suffolk County reported 223 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, Aug. 1, with 3.9 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 55 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 10 of them in ICU. The county reported no new fatalities, and the death toll here stands at 3,414 people.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:58 a.m., 7:23 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:06 a.m., 6:31 p.m.
Greenport: 7:35 a.m., 8 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:19 a.m., 8:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:30 a.m., 7:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:57 a.m., 9:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:04 a.m., 9:29 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:41 a.m., 6:03 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:50 a.m., 4:12 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:48 a.m., 8:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:56 a.m., 7:17 p.m.
Greenport: 8:25 a.m., 8:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:12 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:20 a.m., 8:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:47 a.m., 10:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:54 a.m., 10:15 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:39 a.m., 6:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:48 a.m., 5:05 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.