This Morning’s Bulletin — 8.23.18
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 78 degrees and a northwest wind around 11 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 59. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 80, and Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 78.
• The Homestead columnist Michael Daly discusses finding a balance between the needs of local people and visitors in this month’s column.
• Suffolk County Vector Control plans to spray the following East End areas with the mosquito larvicides methoprene and Bti today through Friday between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.: Jagger Lane, Apacuck Point, Westhampton Dunes and Dune Road (Overton) in Southampton Town; Napeague, Beach Hampton and Accabonac Harbor in East Hampton Town; Indian Island, Aquebogue Overlook, Aquebogue Farm, Pier Avenue and Millar Farm in Riverhead Town and New Suffolk, Great Hog Neck, Kerwin Boulevard, Pipes Neck Creek and Pipes Cove in Southold Town. For more information, call 631.852.4270.
• The Southampton Town Board will hear an update on the Tiana lifesaving station project at their 10 a.m. work session this morning.
• The Riverhead Town Board is also scheduled to hold a 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their agenda is expected to be posted here.
• Parrish Art Museum Road Show artists Esly E. Escobar and Jeremy Dennis will discuss their off-site exhibitions currently on view with Corinne Erni, Senior Curator of ArtsReach and Special Projects, at the museum this evening at 5 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:39 a.m., 8:57 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:47 a.m., 8:05 p.m.
Greenport: 9:16 a.m., 9:34 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:09 a.m., 10:25 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:11 a.m., 9:29 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:38 a.m., 10:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:45 a.m., 11:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:43 a.m., 8:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:52 a.m., 6:10 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:21 a.m., 9:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:29 a.m., 8:46 p.m.
Greenport: 9:58 a.m., 10:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:53 a.m., 11:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:53 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:20 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:27 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:28 a.m., 8:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:37 a.m., 6:52 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.