• We’re expecting patchy drizzle and fog before noon today, then scattered showers and thunderstorms after noon, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 76, with an east wind 6 to 8 miles per hour. We’re expecting isolated showers and thunderstorms before midnight, with mostly cloudy skies overnight and a low around 69. Tuesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 85. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 89 degrees and a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.
• Suffolk County reported 304 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, Aug. 7, with 4 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 97 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 20 of them in ICU. The county reported one new fatality, bringing the death toll here to 3,417 people. As of Aug. 7, 63.7 percent of Suffolk residents had received at lead one dose of a Covid-19 vaccination, with 57.7 percent of residents fully vaccinated, while 76.6 percent of the population over the age of 18 had received at least one dose of a vaccine. There are several new options on the East End for people looking to get vaccinated. Find out more here.
• On Tuesday Aug. 10 at 7 p.m., Dr. Neil Zimmerman from NASA will discuss the Nancy Grace Roman Space Telescope, NASA’s next flagship-class space observatory, in a Zoom presentation sponsored by the Hamptons Observatory. Read More.
• The Black & Sparrow acoustic duo performs a free concert at the Montauk Green, 742 Montauk Highway, Montauk this evening at 6 p.m.
• The Zanti Misfits perform a free concert at Dances in the Park at Mitchell Park, 115 Front Street in Greenport this evening at 7:30 p.m.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:21 a.m., 11:31 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:29 a.m., 10:39 p.m.
Greenport: 11:58 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:18 a.m., 12:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:53 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:50 a.m., 1:20 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:57 a.m., 1:27 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:24 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:33 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:03 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:11 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
Greenport: 12:08 a.m., 12:40 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:03 a.m., 12:35 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:30 a.m., 2:02 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:37 a.m., 2:09 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:05 a.m., 11:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:14 a.m., 9:17 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.