• Today will be mostly cloudy through mid morning, then clearing, with a high temperature near 78 degrees and a northwest wind 8 to 13 miles per hour, increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the morning. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 49. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 79 and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 84.
• Sixteen-year-old Girl Scout Ellie Alloway of Southold has compiled a film for her USA Gold Award project, “Ripples: 9/11 Reflections from the North Fork, NY,” documenting the experiences of North Fork residents on Sept. 11, 2001, which will premiere this evening at 7:30 p.m. at the Southold Town Recreation Center, at 970 Peconic Lane in Peconic.
• Riverhead Town will be holding its 20th Anniversary 9-11 memorial service at the town’s memorial at the corner of Riley and Edwards Ave. next Saturday, Sept. 11 at 10 a.m. There will be a memorial walk organized by local students meeting at 9:30 a.m. from the Peconic Lane Recreation Center in Peconic to the 9-11 memorial at Jean Cochran Park, also on Peconic Lane. Southold Town fire departments will also hold their annual memorial at Jean Cochran Park on the evening of Sept. 11 at 6 p.m.
• Northeast Stage’s performances of Shakespeare’s “Twelfth Night” begin tonight at Holy Trinity Church at 768 Main Street in Greenport. Performances will be held on Friday and Sunday, Sept. 10 & 12, and on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 24, 25 & 26. All performances are at 7 p.m. Here are more details.
• Sag Harbor’s annual Harborfest is this weekend. Here are more details.
• This year’s Eastern Long Island Quilters Guild Quilt Show will be at Hallockville Museum Farm, 6038 Sound Ave., Riverhead from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday & Sunday, Sept. 11 & 12. Admission is $5, Children under 10 are free. More details are online at hallockville.org.
• Peconic Landing in Greenport holds its annual John May Mile & 5K to support the Greenport Fire Department on Sunday, Sept. 12. Registration begins at 8 a.m. the walk/run begins at 9 a.m. and a vendor marketplace from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Entry for the Mile is $10/adults and $5/kids; Entry for the 5K is $25 for adults and $15 for kids. Register online at www.peconiclanding.org/giveback.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:30 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:05 p.m.
Greenport: 1:07 a.m., 1:34 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:06 a.m., 2:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:02 a.m., 1:29 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:29 a.m., 2:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:36 a.m., 3:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:17 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:19 a.m., 1:48 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:27 a.m., 12:56 p.m.
Greenport: 1:56 a.m., 2:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:55 a.m., 3:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:51 a.m., 2:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:18 a.m., 3:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:25 a.m., 3:54 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:24 a.m., 1 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:09 a.m., 11:30 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.