• It will be partly sunny today, with a high temperature near 78 degrees and a light and variable wind becoming east around 6 miles per hour in the morning. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 69. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 81. Thursday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 80 and a 40 percent chance of showers.
• This Saturday’s forum on public water in East Marion will now be held virtually via Zoom and the Riverhead Water Forum has also been moved to Wednesday, Sept. 22 at 6 p.m. in the Town Hall Auditorium. Here’s more info.
• The Riverhead Fire Department, at 540 Roanoke Ave., hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive today from 1 to 7 p.m. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss New York’s Stretch Energy Code, proposed ethics amendments, the renovation of the Montauk Skate Park and an update on southern pine beetles at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed online here.
• The Southampton Town Board is slated to hold a public hearing on the potential designation of the dining hall at the former Girl Scout Camp Tekakwitha in Hampton Bays as a historic landmark at its 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Here’s the agenda, and here’s where to view the meeting.
• Suffolk County reported 211 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday Sept. 12, with 3.3 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 233 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 42 of them in ICU. The county reported two new fatalities, bringing the death toll from Covid here to 3,492 people.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:21 a.m., 4:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:29 a.m., 4:07 p.m.
Greenport: 4:58 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:53 a.m., 6:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:53 a.m., 5:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:20 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:27 a.m., 7:05 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:24 a.m., 3:57 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:33 a.m., 2:06 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:33 a.m., 6:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:41 a.m., 5:16 p.m.
Greenport: 6:10 a.m., 6:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:05 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:32 a.m., 8:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:39 a.m., 8:14 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:30 a.m., 5:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:39 a.m., 3:10 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.