• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 65 degrees and a north wind 18 to 20 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 32 mph. We’re expecting clear skies overnight, with a low around 47 and a northwest wind 11 to 20 miles per hour. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 72, and Sunday will be partly sunny, with a high near 76.
• After uproar in late August over language in a contract looking to “neutralize” opponents of the redevelopment of downtown Hampton Bays, Southampton Town representatives are inviting residents to a series of listening sessions throughout the month of October with the hopes of making amends. Read More.
• The East End Seaport Museum’s 33rd Annual Maritime Festival begins tonight with the Land & Sea Gala and continues all weekend throughout downtown Greenport. Here’s more info.
• Also this weekend is the Sag Harbor American Music Festival, a series of free concerts at venues throughout that seaside village. Here’s more info.
• The Old Town Arts & Crafts Guild at 28265 Main Road in Cutchogue will hold an Antiques, Fine Art & Crafts Fair on Saturday, Sept. 24 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. More details are at oldtownartsguild.org.
• “Crime of the Century,” a film that is a searing indictment of Big Pharma and the political operatives and government regulations that enable over-production, reckless distribution, and mass abuse of synthetic opiates, will be screened Saturday evening at 6 p.m. at Southampton Arts Center, 25 Jobs Lane in Southampton, in collaboration with Blossom Sustainable Development. Here’s more info.
• The North Fork Breast Health Coalition is holding the 24th Anniversary “5K Walk for Breast Cancer Awareness” on Sunday, Sept. 25 at Tanger Outlet Center, which sponsors the event. Participants can pre-register on the NFBHC website or register from 7:30 to 8:45 a.m. that morning. The walk begins at 9 a.m. Registration is $25 through today, or $30 on Saturday or Sunday.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:59 a.m., 9:17 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:07 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
Greenport: 9:36 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:25 a.m., 10:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:31 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:58 a.m., 11:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:05 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:06 a.m., 8:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:15 a.m., 6:23 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:37 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:45 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
Greenport: 10:14 a.m., 10:30 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:04 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:09 a.m., 10:25 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:36 a.m., 11:52 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:43 a.m., 11:59 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:45 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:54 a.m., 7:01 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.