Pictured Above: Shelter Island coffee dogs, Thursday
• We’re expecting rain and possibly a thunderstorm with areas of fog today, mainly before 2 p.m., with a high near 61 degrees and a southeast wind 15 to 17 miles per hour, becoming southwest in the afternoon. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 36. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 50. Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 47.
• Once again, the coronavirus has taken over the Morning Bulletin. Suffolk’s confirmed cases doubled Thursday, with half the cases in Southold Town, which declared a state of emergency late Thursday. East Hampton Town also confirmed its first case late Thursday evening. Here’s the latest. Stay tuned to our website for updates throughout the day.
• Our columnist Dave Davis has some great advice this month for taking responsibility for our own actions, which we makes for a very timely reflection in the midst of this crisis.
• This weekend’s St. Patrick’s Day parades across Suffolk County have been cancelled or postponed due to the coronavirus, including parades Saturday in Cutchogue, Amagansett and Westhampton Beach.
• While Broadway is closed for business, our local theaters initially said these two shows must go on for the second weekend of their three-week runs. Update: As of Friday Afternoon The Southampton Cultural Center, where “Sherlock’s Secret Life” is on has since decided to close through March 29 and the North Fork Community Theatre has cancelled the remainder of the run of “Wolf Hall.”
• We would like to tell you there are a lot of great events happening on the East End this weekend, but we can’t confirm that at this time. Instead here’s our list of coronavirus cancellations.
• People always ask us how we are able to do the work we do. It’s quite simple. Our readers support us, and you can too! Thank you!
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:09 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:17 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
Greenport: 1:46 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:41 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:41 a.m., 2:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:08 a.m., 3:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:15 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:27 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:58 a.m., 11:30 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:03 a.m., 2:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:11 a.m., 1:40 p.m.
Greenport: 2:40 a.m., 3:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:34 a.m., 4:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:35 a.m., 3:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:02 a.m., 4:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:09 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:21 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:55 a.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.