• The National Weather Service says tropical storm conditions are still possible today. We’re looking at a 40 percent chance of showers, cloudy skies and a high near 81 degrees today, with a northeast wind 16 to 21 miles per hour. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers tonight, with a low around 66. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 81 and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 86.
• Forgot to wish you all a happy Tumbleweed Tuesday yesterday. Here are some Tumbleweed Tuesday musings for you to chew on today.
• The Riverhead Town Board is supposed to meet at 2 p.m. today. They might have their agenda online here when it is ready.
• Suffolk County Transit is hosting two public hearings this week on the proposal to cut nine bus routes to help close the county’s budget gap, including three routes on the East End. Hearings will be held in Riverhead tomorrow, Sept. 8, and in Hauppauge on Friday, Sept. 9. More information is online here.
• In other county news, North Fork County Legislator Al Krupski announced Sept. 2 that the repaving project underway on Riverhead’s Roanoke Avenue, scheduled for completion before school started, has been pushed back several weeks due to conflicts in the contractor’s schedule.
• One Guitar returns to Riverhead’s Vail-Leavitt Music Hall tomorrow, Sept. 8. Dozens of local musicians play original songs on one Gibson acoustic guitar to raise money for the Maureen’s Haven homeless shelter network. More information is online here.
• Sag Harbor hosts its 53rd Annual Harborfest this coming weekend, a village-wide event celebrating the maritime history of Sag Harbor. The weekend-long schedule of events is online in our sister publication, The Peconic Bathtub, here.
MTK Hbr: 1:36 a.m., 2:03 p.m.
Orient: 2:37 a.m., 3:04 p.m.
Greenport: 3:05 a.m., 3:32 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 3 a.m., 3:27 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 4:27 a.m., 4:54 p.m.
S. Jamesport: 4:34 a.m., 5:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:02 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 2:29 a.m., 2:58 p.m.
Orient: 3:30 a.m., 3:59 p.m.
Greenport: 3:58 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 3:53 a.m., 4:22 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 5:20 a.m., 5:49 p.m.
S. Jamesport: 5:27 a.m., 5:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:18 a.m., 12:46 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.