• There’s a 50 percent chance of rain today, mainly after 4 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 44, with the wind out of the north at 5 to 8 miles per hour, becoming east in the afternoon. There’s a 50 percent chance of rain before midnight, with mostly cloudy skies and a low of 38. Skies will clear on Wednesday, with a high near 46. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers before 9 a.m. Thursday, but otherwise it will be mostly sunny and windy, with the temperature falling to around 40 by 5 p.m.
• The Southampton Fire Department hosts a blood drive in their firehouse at 470 Hampton Road this afternoon from noon to 7:15 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss increasing the town’s social media presence and hear an update on the Climate Smart Communities program at its 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board has no public hearings scheduled for its 7 p.m. regular meeting this evening. The full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss a request for proposals for wastewater in Montauk, water quality funding and this year’s management and stewardship plans for town-owned land at its 10 a.m. work session this morning at the Montauk Firehouse.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on several proposed CPF acquisitions and on landmark designation for Westhampton’s Topping-Raynor house at its 1 p.m. meeting at town hall this afternoon.
• The Southold Town Anti-Bias Task Force will hold its annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Celebration at the North Fork United Methodist Church this coming Sunday, Jan. 19 at 4 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:04 a.m., 12:23 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:31 p.m.
Greenport: 12:41 a.m., 1 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:38 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:36 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:03 a.m., 2:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:10 a.m., 2:29 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:30 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:39 a.m., 10:23 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:57 a.m., 1:17 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:05 a.m., 12:25 p.m.
Greenport: 1:34 a.m., 1:54 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:29 a.m., 2:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:29 a.m., 1:49 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:56 a.m., 3:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:03 a.m., 3:23 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:14 a.m., 12:26 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:35 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.