• Today will be sunny, with a high near 38 and a calm wind becoming northwest around 6 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 19. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 45, and Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 44.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets this evening at 6 p.m. Their agenda is online here.
• The Plastic Reduction & Elimination Project of the North Fork holds its first meeting of 2020 this evening at 6:30 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Community Center. More details are online here.
• Beth Fiteni, of Green Inside and Out, will give a talk sponsored by the North Fork Environmental Council on how to have a Green New Year this Friday, Jan. 24 at 6:30 p.m. at the Jamesport Meeting House. More details are online here.
• The North Fork Reform Synagogue and the Southold Town Anti-Bias Task Force commemorate International Holocaust Remembrance Day on the 75th anniversary of the end of the Holocaust this Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Cutchogue Presbyterian Church. More details are online here.
• The East Hampton Town Anti-Bias Task Force and the East Hampton Library will present “A Driver’s License for All” Informational Forum on Thursday, Jan. 30, 2019 at the East Hampton Library from 6 to 7:30 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:42 a.m., 8:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:50 a.m., 7:14 p.m.
Greenport: 8:19 a.m., 8:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:13 a.m., 9:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:14 a.m., 8:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:41 a.m., 10:05 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:48 a.m., 10:12 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:55 a.m., 7:20 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:04 a.m., 5:29 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:28 a.m., 8:51 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:36 a.m., 7:59 p.m.
Greenport: 9:05 a.m., 9:28 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:02 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9 a.m., 9:23 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:27 a.m., 10:50 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:34 a.m., 10:57 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:43 a.m., 8:09 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:52 a.m., 6:18 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.