• Today will be sunny and breezy, with a high near 46 degrees but wind chill values between 30 and 40 early. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 28. We’re expecting increasing clouds throughout the day Friday, with a high near 43 degrees and a 20 percent chance of showers after 3 p.m. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
• Local mental health providers are beginning to change the trend of leaving people who need treatment but can’t be hospitalized in the lurch, with no professionals to turn to and no continuum of care. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss plastic use reduction, lighting upgrades and creation of a water supply area at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss what to do with the Youngs Avenue animal shelter building, after the shelter moved to Aquebogue; code amendments for downtown and a presentation from the Irish auto and HVAC manufacturing firm Johnson Controls at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. The meeting will be preceded by an executive session. Their full agenda is online here.
• Suffolk County Legislator Bridget Fleming’s office at 75 Washington Street in Sag Harbor will be collecting new, unwrapped toys for children through the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve’s Toys for Tots Program now through Dec. 9. Donations can be dropped off at the district office between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information, call 631.852.8400.
• The Cutchogue-New Suffolk Library is embarking tomorrow on a new acoustic jam session on the last Friday of every month from 6 to 8 p.m. Musicians of all ages, styles and ability are welcome to join in. More information is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:22 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:30 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
Greenport: 2:59 a.m., 3:24 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:54 a.m., 4:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:54 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:21 a.m., 4:46 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:28 a.m., 4:53 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:39 a.m., 1:52 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:01 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:28 a.m., 3:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:36 a.m., 3:03 p.m.
Greenport: 4:05 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:57 a.m., 5:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:27 a.m., 5:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:34 a.m., 6:01 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:38 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:47 a.m., 1 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.