This Morning’s Bulletin — 11.28.18
• It will be mostly cloudy today, with a high near 45 degrees but wind chill values between 25 and 35 early. Wind will be out of the west at 18 to 25 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 38. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 32. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 46. Saturday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 47 and a 40 percent chance of rain after 2 p.m.
• Riverhead Town Supervisor Laura Jens-Smith has called a press conference for this afternoon, Nov. 28 at 1 p.m. at Iron Pier Beach to demand a public hearing from the FAA on the North Shore Helicopter Route.
• The Big Duck is getting lit for the holidays this evening, Nov. 28 on Flanders Road. If you’re in the festive spirit, arrive before 7 p.m. to take part in the experience. If you’re not in the festive spirit, you might want to avoid Flanders Road on your commute home.
• The Hamptons Take 2 Documentary Film Festival is launching its second decade with a new name and logo, and a new slate of fascinating documentary films tomorrow at Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor. More details are here.
• The Maureen’s Haven homeless shelter network will host its first winter benefit and celebration this Saturday, Dec. 1, 2018 at Seasons of Southampton, 15 Prospect Street in Southampton from 6 to 9 p.m. More information is online here.
• The weekend ahead is filled with holiday fairs, and bazaars, lightings and parties throughout the East End. Here’s our round-up.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:19 a.m., 1:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:27 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Greenport: 1:56 a.m., 2:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:53 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:51 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:18 a.m., 3:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:25 a.m., 3:47 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:38 a.m., 12:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11 a.m., 11:48 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:22 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:30 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
Greenport: 2:59 a.m., 3:24 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:54 a.m., 4:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:54 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:21 a.m., 4:46 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:28 a.m., 4:53 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:39 a.m., 1:52 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:01 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.