• Today will be partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 46 degrees and a west wind 20 to 22 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 33. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 32. Wednesday will be mostly cloudy and breezy, with a high near 46 but wind chill values between 25 and 35 degrees early. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 46.
• Our Gardenwise columnist, Susan Tito, reflects this month on what she’s learned from weeds.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss nitrates in the town’s nutrition program, stormwater management and the conditions of cell towers at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board holds a regular public meeting this evening at 6 p.m., at which they will hold a public hearing on a proposed Community Choice Aggregation Energy Program. Their full agenda is online here.
• Riverhead Town Supervisor Laura Jens-Smith has called a press conference for tomorrow, Nov. 28 at 1 p.m. at Iron Pier Beach to demand a public hearing from the FAA on the North Shore Helicopter Route.
• The Big Duck is getting lit for the holidays tomorrow evening, Nov. 28 on Flanders Road. If you’re in the festive spirit, arrive before 7 p.m. to take part in the experience. If you’re not in the festive spirit, you might want to avoid Flanders Road on your commute home.
• The Southampton Town Board, in its capacity as Commissioners of the Hampton Bays Water District, will be hosting a Community Informational Forum in the Auditorium of the Hampton Bays High School, 88 East Argonne Road, Hampton Bays tomorrow, Nov. 28 at 7:30 p.m. to allow interested community members to hear and discuss the pros and cons of the Suffolk County Water Authority’s assuming the management of the Hampton Bays Water District. SCWA senior management will also attend.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:20 a.m., 12:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:49 a.m.
Greenport: 12:57 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:56 a.m., 2:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:52 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:19 a.m., 2:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:26 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:49 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:58 a.m., 10:47 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:19 a.m., 1:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:27 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Greenport: 1:56 a.m., 2:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:53 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:51 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:18 a.m., 3:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:25 a.m., 3:47 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:38 a.m., 12:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11 a.m., 11:48 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.