This Morning’s Bulletin — 12.13.19
• We’re expecting a 40 percent chance of rain today, mainly after 3 p.m., with cloudy skies and a high near 52. Rain will continue tonight, withareas of fog and the temperature falling to near 50 by 8 p.m., then rising to around 55 during the remainder of the night, with an east wind 13 to 17 miles per hour. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches are possible overnight. We’re expecting a 100 percent rain on Saturday, mainly before 3 p.m., with a high near 57 and new precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch. Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
• New York Governor Andrew Cuomo issued a letter to U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross Dec. 6 calling for federal action to help New York’s scallop fishery following the sudden and significant die-off of adult scallops in the Peconic Bay this year. Get the details in our sister publication, The Peconic Bathtub.
• “We are not reaching many of our neighbors in need who are unable to get to our Greenport location,” said CAST’s Executive Director, Cathy Demeroto. That’s about to change with CAST’s new Mobile Food Pantry, unveiled Thursday. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Due to tomorrow’s anticipated inclement weather, Riverhead’s annual Christmas Bonfire and Parade has been rescheduled for next Saturday, Dec. 21 beginning with the parade through downtown at 3 p.m. and the bonfire on the riverfront at 4 p.m.
• Tonight is Carols & Cookies at the Jamesport Meeting House! More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:11 a.m., 10:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:19 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
Greenport: 10:48 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:42 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:43 a.m., 11:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: Midnight, 12:10 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:07 a.m., 12:17 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:13 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:22 a.m., 8 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:56 a.m., 11:33 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:04 a.m., 10:41 p.m.
Greenport: 11:33 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:20 a.m., 12:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:28 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:44 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:51 a.m., 1:02 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:57 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:06 a.m., 8:49 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.