• Rain is likely today, changing to sleet after 5 p.m., when the temperature will fall to around 34 degrees for the duration of the evening. Little or no sleet accumulation is expected.We’re expecting rain Friday, with a high near 43. Saturday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 52.
• Congressman Lee Zeldin will host his next mobile office hours, during which constituents can sit down with the Congressman or a staff member for a one-on-one or small group meeting to discuss their concerns today, Feb. 22, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Westhampton Beach Fire Department, 92 Sunset Avenue, Westhampton Beach. No appointments are necessary.
• What do the colors you choose for your garden say about you? Our Gardenwise columnist, Susan Tito, has prepared a quiz this month to get you out of the winter doldrums and back into thoughts of the colors of spring and summer.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss the possibility of allowing wastewater treatment systems as a special exception use in quarter-acre zoning districts, as well as the draft agenda for the board’s Feb. 27 meeting at their 10 a.m. work session this morning.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss their recent tri-board meeting and the town’s audit at a work session at town hall at 10 a.m. today. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Eastville Community Historical Society and Sylvester Manor Educational Farm will hold their annual Black History Month celebration this Sunday, Feb. 25 at 2 p.m. at Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor. More details are online here. [$15/$20]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:04 a.m., 2:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:12 a.m., 1:40 p.m.
Greenport: 2:41 a.m., 3:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:31 a.m., 4:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:36 a.m., 3:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:03 a.m., 4:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:10 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:46 a.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:05 a.m., 3:37 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:13 a.m., 2:45 p.m.
Greenport: 3:42 a.m., 4:14 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:29 a.m., 5:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:37 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:04 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:11 a.m., 5:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:11 a.m., 12:47 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.