This Morning’s Bulletin — 3.23.17
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 38 but wind chill values between 5 and 15, with a northwest wind 10 to 13 mph. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 20. There’s a 30 percent chance of rain Friday, mainly between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. There’s a 40 percent chance of light rain Saturday, mainly after noon, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 56.
• North Forkers for the Common Good will sponsor a teach-in and community discussion on the proposed New York Health Act this evening, March 23 at 7 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church of Southold, at 53100 Main Road in Southold. More details are online here.
• The Southampton Town Board, Flanders Northampton Volunteer Ambulance (FNVA), a Medical Billing Company and the town attorney hold a town hall meeting tonight, March 23 at 7 p.m. to discuss the ambulance company’s proposal to begin billing insurance companies for ambulance services at the Crohan Community Center at 655 Flanders Road.
• Hampton Theatre Company’s new production, “An Act of the Imagination,” opens tonight at the Quogue Community Hall and runs through April 9. More details are online here. Stay tuned for The Beacon’s review over the weekend.
• Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor hosts the last of this season’s Fireside Sessions with Nancy Atlas tonight at 8 p.m. Clark Gayton will bring his monster trombone magic to this show as special guest. More details are online here.
• The third annual Long Island Natural History Conference will be held tomorrow and Saturday at Brookhaven National Laboratory. More details are online here.
• The Peconic Community School in Aquebogue will host its second annual “Create: a Maker Fair” this Saturday, March 25, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:16 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 6:24 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
Greenport: 7:53 a.m., 8:19 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:23 a.m., 8:56 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 7:48 a.m., 8:14 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:15 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:22 a.m., 9:48 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4 a.m., 4:35 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8 a.m., 8:24 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 7:08 a.m., 7:32 p.m.
Greenport: 8:37 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:16 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 8:32 a.m., 8:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:59 a.m., 10:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:06 a.m., 10:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:57 a.m., 5:28 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.