• There’s a 30 percent chance of rain between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 46 degrees and a southwest wind 7 to 16 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 29. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. There’s a chance of rain throughout the day Saturday, with the highest odds between noon and 3pm. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. Light rain is also likely Sunday morning, tapering off around noon, with a high near 42 degrees.
• The North Fork Community Theatre’s production of “The Female of the Species” continues for its second weekend tonight at 8 p.m. Read The Beacon’s review online here.
• Shelter Island’s Taylor’s Island Foundation is hosting a unique fundraiser in honor of Greek Independence Day at Hanff’s Boatyard in Greenport this Saturday, March 25. More details are online here.
• The Peconic Community School in Aquebogue will host its second annual “Create: a Maker Fair” this Saturday, March 25, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Richard J. Demato Fine Arts Gallery, destroyed in the December 2016 Sag Harbor fire, is reopening in Bridgehampton this Saturday, March 25, with a celebration from 6 to 8 p.m. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty else to do this weekend throughout the East End. Our full events calendar is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8 a.m., 8:24 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 7:08 a.m., 7:32 p.m.
Greenport: 8:37 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:16 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 8:32 a.m., 8:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:59 a.m., 10:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:06 a.m., 10:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:57 a.m., 5:28 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:42 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 7:50 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
Greenport: 9:19 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:05 a.m., 10:30 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 9:14 a.m., 9:35 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:41 a.m., 11:02 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:48 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:49 a.m., 6:15 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.