• Showers are likely today, mostly after 10 a.m., with a high near 55 degrees and a southwest wind 10 to 14 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 34. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 51, and Easter Sunday will be partly sunny, with a high near 51.
• Just in time for the return of ospreys to the East End, a crew of volunteers in New Suffolk replaced the osprey pole in West Creek this past Sunday, and Jim Baker got a great video of the project. Details are online here.
• There are still a few egg hunts and Easter parades yet to be had on the East End. Details are online here.
• Columnist Dave Davis explores what it means to be a peaceful warrior in his Dave’s Desk @ Ditch column this month.
• Tickets are now on sale for the North Fork Animal Welfare League’s annual Comedy Night, this year with headliner Jodi Wasserman, on April 21 at the Vail-Leavitt Music Hall. More details are online here.
• Have a safe and happy Easter! We will return Monday with some ideas for exhausted cooks.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:41 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:49 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
Greenport: 10:18 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:19 a.m., 11:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:13 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:40 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:47 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:04 a.m., 7:33 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:27 a.m., 10:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:35 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
Greenport: 11:04 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:06 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:59 a.m., 11:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:05 a.m., 12:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:51 a.m., 8:17 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.