This Morning’s Bulletin — 3.9.22
• We’re expecting snow before 1 p.m., then rain and snow, with a high temperature near 36 degrees and a light southeast wind increasing to 5 to 9 miles per hour in the morning. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches are possible. There’s a 30 chance of rain and snow this evening, with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 30. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 44 and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
• Suffolk County reported just 34 new cases of Covid-19 on Monday, March 7, with 1.2 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 86 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 12 of them in ICU. There were no new fatalities from the virus, and the death toll here stands at 4,346 people.
• The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the South Fork’s High Impact Community Outreach program is awarding financial assistance to a select group of institutions residing in any of the five townships. Find out more.
• Our Peconic Dish columnist, Alison Boyd, has a knock-out cake for you to try your hand at baking this month — with coffee and pecans and Baileys buttercream — just in time for St. Patrick’s Day. Get the recipe.
• The Cutchogue-New Suffolk Chamber of Commerce and the Cutchogue Fire Department’s 17th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade is on for this Saturday, March 12 at 2 p.m. on the Main Road in Cutchogue.
• On Friday, March 11th at 7:00 PM, The Hamptons Observatory’s Senior Educator and NASA Solar System Ambassador, William Francis Taylor, will present a free, virtual lecture, “NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope: A New Era in Astronomy.” Here’s the link.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:25 a.m., 2:57 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:33 a.m., 2:05 p.m.
Greenport: 3:02 a.m., 3:34 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:43 a.m., 4:23 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:57 a.m., 3:29 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:24 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:31 a.m., 5:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:24 a.m., 1:57 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:06 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:27 a.m., 4:02 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:35 a.m., 3:10 p.m.
Greenport: 4:04 a.m., 4:39 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:37 a.m., 5:21 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:59 a.m., 4:34 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:26 a.m., 6:01 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:33 a.m., 6:08 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:10 a.m., 2:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:19 a.m., 12:58 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.