• Today will be sunny, with a high near 57 degrees and a north wind 7 to 9 miles per hour, becoming east in the afternoon. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 35. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 50. There’s a 60 percent chance of showers Thursday, mainly before 2 p.m., with a high near 62.
• After a successful first season last spring on the North Fork, the Rites of Spring Music Fest classical and contemporary concert series is returning to the East End with an expanded season of programming beginning April 30. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss airport operation and complaint analysis, helicopter noise abatement routes for this coming season, the Sporttime multi-purpose arena and the town’s 2017 capital plan at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a public hearing on at their 7 p.m. meeting at town hall tonight on whether to extend the hours of three-hour parking restrictions in the parking lot between downtown Riverhead and the Peconic River from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. to 8 a.m. to midnight. Their full agenda is online here.
• Riverside Rediscovered will hold their monthly meet-up this Thursday, April 20 at 6:30 p.m. at their headquarters at 108 Peconic Avenue in Riverside. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:40 a.m., 4:24 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 2:48 a.m., 3:32 p.m.
Greenport: 4:17 a.m., 5:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:48 a.m., 5:29 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 4:12 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:39 a.m., 6:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:46 a.m., 6:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:29 a.m., 1:08 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:40 a.m., 5:23 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 3:48 a.m., 4:31 p.m.
Greenport: 5:17 a.m., 6 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:43 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 5:12 a.m., 5:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:39 a.m., 7:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:46 a.m., 7:29 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:19 a.m., 1:59 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light today.