This Morning’s Bulletin — 4.6.18
• We’re expecting rain today, mainly between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. with a high near 4 degrees and a south wind 5 to 10 miles per hour, increasing to 18 to 23 mph in the afternoon. We’re expecting rain overnight, turning to snow on Saturday, with a low tonight around 36 and a high Saturday near 42. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch is possible. Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 44.
• The federal government is proposing tight restrictions on recreational black sea bass and commercial fluke fishing this year, and New York State is fighting back. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• OLA of Eastern Long Island’s annual Pachanga dance party is tonight at 7 p.m. at Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor, this year featuring Mambo Loco and MilaTina in celebration of women. More details are online here. [$20]
• SoMAS at Stony Brook Southampton will host a lecture by Tobey H. Curtis on basking sharks this evening at 7:30 p.m. More details are online here. [Free]
• The League of Women Voters of the Hamptons will hold a forum on “Immigration and Its Impact on the South Fork next Monday, April 9 at 7 p.m. at Bridgehampton’s Hampton Library. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:43 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:51 a.m., 2:27 p.m.
Greenport: 3:20 a.m., 3:56 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:05 a.m., 4:42 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:15 a.m., 3:51 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:42 a.m., 5:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:49 a.m., 5:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:30 a.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:40 a.m., 4:19 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:48 a.m., 3:27 p.m.
Greenport: 4:17 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:57 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:12 a.m., 4:51 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:39 a.m., 6:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:46 a.m., 6:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:47 a.m., 1:20 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.