• Today will be sunny, with a high near 47 degrees, but wind chill values between 20 and 30 early, with a west wind 18 to 20 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of overnight snow, with a low around 33. Rain and snow are likely early Friday, becoming all rain after 8 a.m., with a high near 50 and a south wind 14 to 24 miles per hour. We’re expecting a 60 percent chance of rain and snow Saturday, with a high near 39 and total accumulation of about an inch.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss a new Downtown Revitalization Committee, the EPCAL Qualified & Eligible hearing and legislative management software at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. More details are online here.
• This morning’s Southampton Town Board work session has been cancelled.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold a public hearing on a downtown Montauk outdoor dining pilot program at their 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
• SoMAS at Stony Brook Southampton will host a lecture by Tobey H. Curtis on basking sharks tomorrow evening at 7:30 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:52 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1 a.m., 1:32 p.m.
Greenport: 2:29 a.m., 3:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:18 a.m., 3:52 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:24 a.m., 2:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:51 a.m., 4:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:58 a.m., 4:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:40 a.m., 11:59 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:43 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:51 a.m., 2:27 p.m.
Greenport: 3:20 a.m., 3:56 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:05 a.m., 4:42 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:15 a.m., 3:51 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:42 a.m., 5:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:49 a.m., 5:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:30 a.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.